A Beautiful Gift from God

Baby Jayden

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Daisypath Ticker

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Teacher's Day

Yesterday was the first Teacher's Day which i didn't spend with my colleagues. This year's dinner was held at Pan Pac..wo ho... my favourite hotel!!! Man... Nevertheless, my colleagues smsed me and even my VP, Mr Foo, smsed me! How i wish i could be there though..

I spend the teacher's day with my little student, my little boy! Haha... In a way i'm his teacher since i have been teaching him so many things since birth! ok, happy teacher's day to myself!

Have been with MOE since 2001, actual teaching for 3 years. My classes were awarded Most Value Added Class a couple of times *satisfied look. Can't deny my eagerness to push my class up another level every year!

Ever since I have Jayden, the thought of resigning has been on my mind, cos i wanna devote my time to him. We finally came to a conclusion, that i will be on leave until Denden is 1 year old, old enough for infantcare. Reason being i still love teaching, and Denden deserves a chance to socialise and learn new things from the school! Maybe he'll be in the centre for just half a day ;)

Just some thoughts on being a teacher ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lynnette said…

    yeah teaching has it's rewards..

    when I was in bible school.. i gave tution.. that was so rewarding.. my PSLE girl who was deemed to fail got her grades pushed from 40% to 85%. Her joy was mu joy..

    before i left for ORU, i taught in a kindergarten where I was the form teacher of Pre-nursery kids (ages 2-3). You can't imagine the look on my face when it was their year end graduation cum promotion day. I felt like all of them were my own kids, and that i've seen them through such amazing and astonding progress..

    now i'm also teaching.. 2 tutorial classes in ORU. and once again I have to say teaching has it's rewards. Though all of them are around my age, i've got to say that there's really something powerful about "transfering" of knowledge..

    I really pray that you'd not give up on teaching. Cause seriously, you're given an opportunity to influence and sculpt the minds of future leaders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home